What is the problem actually?
In simple words, gambling addiction is an impulse-control chaos that creates a lot of disturbances in all the regions of life, such as social, physical, vocational, or psychological. In addition, it also encompasses the stage of ‘compulsive’ or ‘pathological’ gambling. In the case of problem gambling, the victim gets completely obsessed with gambling. It is distinguished by an increasing obsession with gambling. Victims feel the utmost need to wager money on frequent basis and turn out to be restless or bad-tempered, if another person tries to stop. Such victims generally are conscious of the increasing, serious, harmful problems however staying off the wagers turns out to be the most intricate thing for them.
Online problem gambling is just another facet of the problems mentioned above. Nevertheless, according to the outcomes generated in a number of researches, online gambling invite more grave addiction problems in comparison to those who go for the lottery or play slots games. In the present time, the cases of online gambling problems are on the rise due to the explosive expansion of the internet.
Reasons For Internet Gambling
There are mainly three reasons that can lead to internet gambling addiction. They are:
- Online gambling offers privacy and one does not need to reveal his or her real identity in front of anyone. So, one can easily play it anytime without any hesitation.
- Online games or gambling activities can be accessed anytime and from anywhere. So, one can keep playing all the time.
- People, who work online, are more susceptible to online gambling addiction.
Symptoms Of Problem Gambling
Below are the symptoms that can help you determine whether a person is suffering from problem gambling:
- Getting involved in gambling activity much longer than what is considered as normal.
- Spending the entire money on gambling
- Spending even the savings on gambling which were kept for some useful purposes.
- Borrowing money quite frequently to spend on gambling
- Overlooking family and professional onuses
- Selling household things or even stealing stuffs to arrange gambling money
- Having account in almost every casino and gambling site
- Not respecting the value of time and gambling even at the presence of work
What Are The Effects Of Online Gambling?
Though a lot of people are of the opinion that legalized gambling is completely fine, and there is no harm in this form of entertainment, but the truth is entirely different. If truth to be told, online gambling is quite more harmful than playing in land based casinos. The emotional and health problems associated with gambling chaos include circulatory disease, depression, abnormal sexual behavior, and substance abuse. As per some studies conducted recently, unmarried people and younger participants are more likely to get affected from online gambling problems than people who never opt to gamble. In addition, it was also founded that the problem is more among the lower education section of the society.
How To Treat Online Problem Gambling?
People affected from this kind of addiction need to follow the steps mentioned below in order to get rid from such issues. But, it is highly important for the addicted to remain honest with himself/herself. The person must take the control and should remain focused.
Manage your finances and keep an account of the money you spend on gambling. The most important rule is not to spend the amount of money that you cannot afford to lose in gambling.
Chasing losses will make things worse. Push back your gambling desires. Whenever you feel like gambling, engage yourself in some other interesting activities, such as watching a movie or playing sudoku.
Engage yourself in some productive activities during the leisure period.
Block all gambling sites on your computer and other devices.